Learn first about pre-sales and concert announcements
Please check event info to determine if seating is General Admission or Reserved Seating. Almost all Concerts and Events are available at TicketsWest outlets and TicketsWest online, with the rare show door only:
- TicketsWest Online
- TicketsWest Retail Outlets (A listing of Safeway Ticketswest outlets)
- McDonald Theatre Box Office (see hours of operation below)
- Over the phone with TicketsWest (800-992-8499)
If you purchase tickets from a third-party vendor, you do so at your own risk
The McDonald highly recommends researching ticket prices AND availability through TicketsWest before purchasing tickets through third-party or ticket re-seller sites. We cannot guarantee the validity of any order purchased from a third-party vendor, nor can we give information out to anyone other than the original purchaser regarding an order. Barcodes, including for Print-at-Home tickets, can only be used once for entry. And please beware of bogus Facebook event pages with third-party ticketing links.
McDonald Theatre Box Office
Currently, the McDonald Theatre Box Office opens at 5:30 pm for all concerts. The Box Office may open earlier for special events, such as film screenings. Please check event info for specific Box Office hours.
• All sales are final
• Guests 2 years and younger are welcome free of charge
• All carry-in items are subject to inspection
• No smoking except in designated areas outside. This includes e-cigarettes
The following are not permitted in the venue:
• Outside food and drinks
• Weapons of any kind
• Cameras, video or other recording devices
• Laser pointers
• Skateboards or in-line skates
• Selfie sticks
• Monopods or Tripods
• Gum (opened / unopened packages or in use)
• Strollers or Wagons
The following activities are prohibited and will lead to eviction from the venue:
• Possession or use of illegal drugs
• Fighting or use of a weapon
• Public indecency / public urination
• Drinking alcohol under the legal age of 21
• Furnishing minors with alcohol
We reserve the right to deny entry or ask visitors to leave at any time.
Getting To the McDonald Theatre: Directions, Parking and Lodging
The McDonald Theatre is located in the heart of downtown Eugene, Oregon, at 1010 Willamette Street, right next to the local Lane Transit District Bus Station. Click here for a more detailed map of the location.
Diamond Parking maintains parking lots throughout Downtown Eugene. Other parking structures can also be found throughout downtown. Available parking on the street can be hard to come by during McDonald Theatre events.
Most of the parking structures, especially the Overpark, allow parking in the evening for free.
• Overpark, on the corner of Oak and 10th, adjacent to the Downtown Athletic Club, provides 610 parking spaces. Saturday and Sunday and most evenings free.
• Parcade, between 7th and 8th on Willamette provides 38 spaces.
• Broadway Place Garage, located on Charnelton and Broadway, has 742 spaces available.
• Pearl Street Garage, located east of the Qwest phone building on 10th and Pearl.
• EPAC Garage, connected to the Hult Center offers evening parking free unless the Hult Center is featuring an event.
McDonald Theatre Amenities
• Snack Bar (open to all ages)
• Lounge – offering a full bar
• Sky Bar – Balcony Bar, offering limited drinks
• Fully Seated Balcony – open for most shows, please check show specifics
• Handicapped Accessible Seating options – on the floor as well as in the balcony
Hotels & Restaurants
There are many great places to stay and eat when traveling to Eugene! Here are few of the nearby restaurants and hotels, but please visit Travel Lane County for a more complete listing of all the lodging and dining options. Travel Lane County is an excellent resource for all your traveling needs.
Eugene Area Hotels near the McDonald Theatre
5 minute walk
10 minute walk
66 East 6th Avenue
|Campus Inn & Suites
390 East Broadway
1015 Pearl Street
476 East Broadway
Eugene, Or 97401
|Home2 Suites by Hilton
102 W 11th Ave
|Inn at the 5th
205 E. 6th Ave
Additional Area Hotels
Best Western New Oregon Motel
Comfort Suites Eugene
|EVEN Hotel Eugene
2133 Centennial Plaza
3780 W. 11th Avenue
|Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
2117 Franklin Boulevard
|Holiday Inn Eugene Hotel North – Springfield
919 Kruse Way
|Oval Door Bed & Breakfast
988 Lawrence Street
Eugene, OR 97401
|Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene
850 Franklin Boulevard
|Red Lion Hotel Eugene
205 Coburg Road
|Valley River Inn
1000 Valley River Way
Eugene Area Restaurants near the McDonald Theatre
|Ambrosia Restaurant & Bar
174 E Broadway
50 W Broadway
992 Willamette St
|Mezza Luna Pizzeria
933 Pearl St.
|Ax Billy Grill & Sports Bar
999 Willamette St.
(third floor, Downtown Athletic Club Bldg.)
|Ta Ra Rin Thai Cuisine
1200 Oak St.
|Bao Bao House
868 W Park St.
5 E 8th Ave.
In order to enhance the exciting live concert atmosphere, the main floor of the McDonald Theatre is generally Standing Room Only for General Admission concerts to allow free flow of movement and dancing! For most of these GA shows, the balcony is fully seated and open to anyone 21 years of age or older, as it features a second bar. Please note that general admission balcony seating is available first come first served.
For Reserved Seated events, the floor and balcony are fully seated, and tickets are associated with a particular seat, determined at the time of purchase. Coat check is often not available for these events.
Film screenings are generally General Admission Seated, where the floor and balcony are fully seated, but open to patrons on a firstcome, first seated basis.
Theatre doors generally open one hour prior to the announced time of each performance. The McDonald Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission or remove from the facility individuals that are disruptive to the performers or audience members.
Because most but not all concerts will feature an opening band, please plan on entering the Theatre soon after doors open. Times may be subject to change.
The main floor is accessible to patrons using wheelchairs. If you need special accommodations, please call (541) 345-4442.
The McDonald Theatre is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted directly outside of The Lounge.
McDonald Theatre ADA Information
The Cuthbert Amphitheater and the McDonald Theatre adhere to the U.S. Department of Justice ADA 2010 revised requirements regarding the sale of accessible seating. Patrons requiring special seating accommodations must request them at the time of purchase. All patrons including companions, caregivers and assistants must present a ticket for entry.
Tickets for unsold accessible and companion seating may be released for sale to individuals without disabilities when:
1. When all non-accessible tickets have been sold;
2. When all non-accessible tickets in a designated seating area have been sold and the tickets for accessible seating are being released in the same designated area; or
3. When all non-accessible tickets in a designated price category have been sold and the tickets for accessible seating are being released within the same designated price category.
The DOJ ADA requirements can be found here>>
McDonald Theatre History
The McDonald Theatre is a historic landmark of this community and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Opening in 1925, it served as a community theatre for both stage and screen performances.
After the explosion of motion pictures, the theatre was converted into a movie house and operated as such until 2000.
The McDonald Theatre has played a significant role in the Kesey’s family history. Spanning back to the 1950’s, Mr. Kesey’s company offered free admission to Saturday morning cartoons at the McDonald Theatre, while his young sons performed magic tricks at intermission. The theatre then went on to be a place where the following generation of Keseys enjoying many family movies together. The history continued in 2001, when Kesey Enterprises began producing concerts and community events in the venue. Finally in 2009, Kesey Enterprises purchased the historic building and today is proud to maintain it as a piece of positive revitalization in downtown Eugene.
The Theatre is host to a diverse spectrum of events, from mainstream reggae, to a private weddings, to high school proms, and local children’s stage performances. Non-profit organizations are encouraged to take advantage of this beautifully maintained historic landmark for events, celebrations, lectures, and fundraisers.